- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Two figures on a path in a wooded classical landscape, buildings and a pool of water beyond
- Artist: Francisque Millet
- Format (cm): 74.3 x 92.7 cm.
- Format (in): 29¼ x 36½ in.
- Last Sale price: 15 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Francisque Millet (Antwerp 1642-1679 Paris) Two figures on a path in a wooded classical landscape, buildings and a pool of water beyond oil on canvas 29¼ x 36½ in. (74.3 x 92.7 cm.)
Charles Babcock, Sr., Winston-Salem, by whom given in 1963 to The North Carolina Museum of Art, Raleigh, NC (inv. G.63.21.1); Sotheby’s, New York, 18 October 2000, lot 158 ($18,000), where acquired by the present owner.
P. Rosenberg in France in the Golden Age: Seventeenth-Century French Paintings in American Collections , exhibition catalogue, Paris, New York and Chicago, 1982, ‘Inventory of Seventeenth-Century French Paintings in Public Collections in the United States’, no. 11, illustrated, as tentatively attributed to Millet. C. Wright, The French Painters of the Seventeenth Century , London, 1985, p. 232.
Winston-Salem, NCSAS, Collector’s Opportunity , 22 April-3 May, 1983 (addenda).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The entrance to a château, with figures animals in the foreground; and Figures resting on a road by a cottage
- Saving a shipwrecked crew; and The day’s catch
- MONKEY WITH BIRD
- Angels making music, after Francesco Solimena
- Portrait of Andries Rijckaert (1636-1716), half-length, in a brown coat, a lace collar and purple ribbons; and Portrait of Susanna Rijckaert (born 1635), half-length, in a black dress and lace collar and pearl jewelery, her left hand resting on a draped balustrade