- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The Sacrifice of Isaac
- Artist: Ubaldo Gandolfi
- Format (cm): 31.5 x 22.2 cm.
- Format (in): 12 3/8 x 8¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 47 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Ubaldo Gandolfi (San Matteo della Decima 1728-1781 Ravenna) The Sacrifice of Isaac red chalk, pen and brown ink, brown wash, brown ink framing lines 12 3/8 x 8¾ in. (31.5 x 22.2 cm.)
Anonymous sale; Christie’s, London, 7 April 1970, lot 28. with Charles E. Slatkin Galleries, New York.
Please note the correct provenance: Another version of this drawing was formerly with Flavia Ormond and later sold to the Yale University Art Gallery. Please note the additional literature reference: Master Drawings from the Yale University Art Gallery , exh. cat., ed. S. Boorsch & J. Marciari, 2006, p. 208, under cat. 70.
P. Bagni, I Gandolfi. Affreschi, dipinti, bozzetti, disegni , Bologna, 1992, p. 722, no. 704.
Ottawa, National Gallery of Canada, European drawings from Canadian collections, 1500-1900 , 1976, no. 26.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A bustling market, Egypt
- Portrait de femme
- Watering livestock at the stream
- Gare Saint-Lazare, Paris
- Three beetles and three butterfies: a ground beetle, a Calosoma sycophantis, and a cottonwood stag beetle; a peacock (Inachus io), and a Purple Emperor (Apatura iris, upper and under sides)