- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The Colosseum seen from the Farnese Garden
- Artist: After Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 36.8 x 52.1 cm.
- Format (in): 14½ x 20½ in.
- Last Sale price: 2 769,00
- Last Sale date:
After Jean-Baptiste-Camille Corot (French, 1796-1875) The Colosseum seen from the Farnese Garden oil on board 14½ x 20½ in. (36.8 x 52.1 cm.)
VAT rate of 5% is payable on hammer price and at 20% on the buyer’s premium.
Please note that this lot is being sold with no reserve.
Property from the CORCORAN GALLERY OF ART sold to benefit the acquisition fund
This work is one of several recorded copies of a painting by Corot painted during his first trip to Rome, circa 1826 (A. Robaut, L’Oeuvre de Corot , Paris, 1905, no. 54). According to Martin Dieterle and Claire Lebeau (letter dated 24.10.12), it was probably executed in the 1870s in Corot’s studio by one of his pupils. We would like to thank Martin Dieterle and Claire Lebeau for their assistance in cataloguing this lot
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- After the Storm
- The young gardeners
- Balloon dog (Blue)
- A woman holding a lantern
- Portrait of Maharaja Pratap Chand, standing full-length, dressed as a warrior, a letter to Lord Hastings on a table at right