- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The banqueting room, Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg, Denmark
- Artist: Adolf Heinrich Claus Hansen
- Origins: Danish
- Format (cm): 66.5 x 49 cm.
- Format (in): 26 x 19 3/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 3 072,00
- Last Sale date:
Adolf Heinrich Claus Hansen (DANISH, 1859-1925) The banqueting room, Christian VII’s Palace, Amalienborg, Denmark signed with initials ‘Ad H.-H.’ (lower right) oil on canvas 26 x 19 3/8 in. (66.5 x 49 cm.)
Amalienborg, Copenhagen, is the winter residence of the Danish Royal family. It was originally built for four noble families, consisting of four identical classical palace façades with rococo interiors, built around an octagonal courtyard. The palaces became Royal residences in 1794.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Fishing before the harbour walls
- Study for the father in the Raft of the Medusa ( recto ); Two studies for the figure seated at the foot of the mast ( verso )
- Figures at the Madeleine, Paris
- A Dutch merchantman and a spritsail barge in a breeze
- Le Boulevard de la Madeleine