The Assumption of the Virgin, after Luca Giordano, and two figures, after Antonio Vassilacchi, l’Aliense
- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The Assumption of the Virgin, after Luca Giordano, and two figures, after Antonio Vassilacchi, l'Aliense
- Artist: Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Format (cm): 29.1 x 20.2 cm.
- Format (in): 11½ x 8 in.
- Last Sale price: 11 250,00
- Last Sale date:
Jean-Honoré Fragonard (Grasse 1732-1806 Paris) The Assumption of the Virgin, after Luca Giordano, and two figures, after Antonio Vassilacchi, l’Aliense inscribed ‘Luca Giordano alla Salute Venise’ and ‘Bassan consiglio di dieci’ black chalk, a reworked counterproof 11½ x 8 in. (29.1 x 20.2 cm.)
P. Rosenberg and B. Brejon de Lavergnée, Panopticon italiano: un diario di viaggio ritrovato, 1759-1761 , Rome, 1986, p. 375, no. 169.
The painting by Giordano is in the church of Santa Maria della Salute, Venice (see O. Ferrari and G. Scavizzi, Luca Giordano , Naples, 1966, II, p. 73.; III, fig. 123). The two figures at the bottom are after The Adoration of the Magi , a fresco in the Sala del Consiglio dei Dieci in the Palazzo Ducale, Venezia.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Section Three, Around the World in 80 Feet, circa 1885
- Sweet dreams
- Ten scenes after the Antique with trompe l’oeil bas-relief friezes
- Western Dock Scene
- PEACH BLOSSOMS