- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The art lesson
- Artist: Jules Frederic Ballavoine
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 115.5 x 162 cm.
- Format (in): 45½ x 64 in.
- Last Sale price: 23 730,00
- Last Sale date:
Jules Frederic Ballavoine (French, 1855-1901) The art lesson signed ‘J.BALLAVOINE’ (lower right) oil on canvas 45½ x 64 in. (115.5 x 162 cm.)
Jules Frederic Ballavoine was a Parisian painter of genre, historical paintings and portraits. He exhibited regularly at the Paris Salon and was a medal winner. This large work depicts the pastimes of a more innocent age. The young lady reclining whilst reading a book looks out to the viewer, inviting us to share the serenity she enjoys with her elegant friends.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A lady and a cavalier in an interior, with a woman holding a child beyond
- Girl Sewing (The Chinese Robe)
- Le Canal Saint-Denis, clair de Lune
- Studies of a woman kneeling at the feet of a soldier
- IMMORTALS PLAYING CHESS