- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: The apotheosis of a female saint
- Artist: Sebastiano Folli
- Format (cm): 43.2 x 60.8 cm.
- Format (in): 17 x 24 in.
- Last Sale price: 13 750,00
- Last Sale date:
Sebastiano Folli (Siena 1568-1621) The apotheosis of a female saint black chalk on five joined sheets of paper, arched top 17 x 24 in. (43.2 x 60.8 cm.)
King Philip V of Spain (1683-1746). Anonymous sale; Christie’s, London, 22 November 1966, part of lot 86 (3) (as attributed to Pietro da Cortona). with Colnaghi, London, cat. Old Master Drawings , June 1967, no. 19 (as Ventura Salimbeni). with Herman Shickman Gallery, New York. Christian Humann; Sotheby’s New York, 5 June 1982, lot 13 (as Salimbeni).
Please note that an attribution to Antonio Viviani (1560-1620) has been suggested.
We thank Marco Ciampolini for having suggested the attribution to Folli. He compares it to a drawing at Chatsworth which is a study for an altarpiece dated 1605 (M. Jaffé, The Devonshire Collection of Italian Drawings. Tuscan and Umbrian Drawings , London, 1994, p. 116, no. 85).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Sorting the catch
- Satan, Sin and Death: ‘Death and Sin met by Satan on his Return from Earth’
- A Dutch town on the river, Summer
- Allegorical designs representing America
- Madame Helleu avec ses enfants, Ellen et Alice