- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Tasty treats
- Artist: Victor Gabriel Gilbert
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 45.8 x 55.3 cm.
- Format (in): 17 7/8 x 21¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 5 537,00
- Last Sale date:
Victor Gabriel Gilbert (French, 1847-1933) Tasty treats signed ‘Victor Gilbert’ (lower left) oil on canvas 17 7/8 x 21¾ in. (45.8 x 55.3 cm.)
A student of Busson and Adam, Gilbert was mainly a painter of genre scenes, typified by those including children like the example we see here. Gilbert gained several awards for his works amongst which were a silver medal at the Fidèle Exposant des Artistes Français in 1889, and the Bonnat award in 1926. He was conveyed the order of the Chevalier of the Legion d’Honneur in 1897.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Two plum tree leaves, four different types of plums, two beetles, with a subsidiary study of a third one
- LANDSCAPE AND FALCON
- A set of six trompe l’oeil compositions of prints attached to wooden backboards
- Delaware River (Raritan Canal)
- Reclining nude