- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Studies of a woman kneeling at the feet of a soldier
- Artist: Antoine Coypel
- Format (cm): 21.7 x 23.6 cm.
- Format (in): i) 9¼ x 9 3/8 in. (23.5 x 23.7 cm.); ii) 8½ x 9 3/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 13 750,00
- Last Sale date:
Antoine Coypel (Paris 1661-1722) Studies of a woman kneeling at the feet of a soldier black, white and red chalk on blue paper (i); black, white and red chalk on buff paper (ii) i) 9¼ x 9 3/8 in. (23.5 x 23.7 cm.); ii) 8½ x 9 3/8 in. (21.7 x 23.6 cm.) 2 (2)
N. Garnier, Antoine Coypel , Paris, 1989, nos. 567 and 567bis, figs. 489 and 490 (as location unknown).
Possibly studies for The family of Darius before Alexander , a painting commissioned from Coypel in 1692 by the Duke of Richelieu but never finished (N. Garnier, op. cit. , 1989, no. 48).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Miroir de la Tauromachie
- A game of cards
- Skaters on a Dutch waterway by a riverside town
- A kitchen interior with a mother reading to children gathered around a hearth
- A beauty before the sea at sunset; and A lady with a fan under the moon