- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Skaters playing on a Dutch waterway
- Artist: Frederik Marinus Kruseman
- Origins: Dutch
- Format (cm): 29.2 x 39.3 cm.
- Format (in): 11½ x 15½ in.
- Last Sale price: 51 336,00
- Last Sale date:
Frederik Marinus Kruseman (Dutch, 1816-1882) Skaters playing on a Dutch waterway signed and dated ‘FMKruseman./1855.’ (lower left) oil on panel 11½ x 15½ in. (29.2 x 39.3 cm.)
VAT rate of 5% is payable on hammer price and at 20% on the buyer’s premium.
Anonymous sale; Sotheby’s, London, 26 November 1980, lot 37 with MacConnal-Mason & Son, London. Literature M. Van Heteren, J. Demeere, Fredrik Marinus Kruseman 1816-1882. Painter of Pleasing Lanscapes, Schiedam, 1998, p. 182, no. 112 (illustrated).
Frederik Marinus Kruseman was born in Haarlem, the fourth son of Philip Benjamin Kruseman and Jacoba Mooij. He was tutored by Jan Reekers, Nicholas Roosenboom, Jan van Ravenswaay and Barend Cornelis Koekkoek. In 1841 he moved to Belgium where he remained until his death aside from periods in Paris and Haarlem. Kruseman is predominantly known for his romantic landscapes of which this is a fine example.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Watch where you are going kid you’ll run smack into those phanto flowers (double sided)
- Portrait of a Venetian senator, traditionally identified as Luigi Cornaro
- SCHOLAR ON A BOAT IN A LANDSCAPE
- Saint Andrew
- A gondolier before Santa Maria della Salute