- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Saint Jerome in his study
- Artist: Hendrick van Steenwijk II
- Format (cm): 25.1 x 18.1 cm.
- Format (in): 9 7/8 x 7 1/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 79 300,00
- Last Sale date:
Hendrick van Steenwijk II (?Antwerp circa 1580-1648 ?Leiden) Saint Jerome in his study signed ‘H·V· STEINWICK’ (lower right, on the chest) oil on copper 9 7/8 x 7 1/8 in. (25.1 x 18.1 cm.)
Anonymous sale; Sotheby’s, New York, 13 May 1994, lot 27, where acquired by the present owner.
PROPERTY OF A SOUTH FLORIDA COLLECTOR
J. Howarth, The Steenwyck Family as Masters of Perspective , Turnhout, 2009, p. 234, no. II.D.13, p. 513 (ill.).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A fisherman on a river at the end of the day
- Study of a chair and drapery for ‘Mrs Peter Beckford’
- Fishing on a Dutch canal
- Portrait of Andries Rijckaert (1636-1716), half-length, in a brown coat, a lace collar and purple ribbons; and Portrait of Susanna Rijckaert (born 1635), half-length, in a black dress and lace collar and pearl jewelery, her left hand resting on a draped balustrade
- The maidens of Spring