- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Saint Andrew
- Artist: Girolamo Siciolante da Sermoneta
- Format (cm): 29.5 x 14.5 cm.
- Format (in): 11 5/8 x 5¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 9 375,00
- Last Sale date:
Girolamo Siciolante da Sermoneta (Sermoneta circa 1521-1575 Rome) Saint Andrew pen and brown ink, brown wash, heightened with white on grey prepared paper, partly squared with a stylus, the outlines pricked for transfer 11 5/8 x 5¾ in. (29.5 x 14.5 cm.)
M. Marignane (L.1872). Ian Woodner, New York; Christie’s, London, 7 July 1992, lot 16 (as North Italian School, circa 1545). with Colnaghi, London, where acquired by the present owner.
PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF NANCY COHN AND ALLAN KATZ
New York, William H. Schab Gallery, and elsewhere, Woodner Collection 1, A selection of Old Master Drawings before 1700 , 1971-2, no. 27 (as Bartolommeo Montagna ?).
Possibly related to a figure in the church of Sant’Andrea on via Flaminia, Rome. Siciolante received a commission from Pope Julius III to paint an altarpiece for that church in 1553, which was flanked by four paintings of saints Andrew, Peter, John and Paul (now destroyed).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Seiltänzer, from: Kunst der Gegenwart
- A barge on the Seine, Paris
- Portrait of the cellist Martin Bertaud
- Tourists taking a gondola ride on the Grand Canal, Venice