- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: RED PLUM BLOSSOMS, ORCHID AND ROCK
- Artist: LIU HAISU (1896-1994), XIA YIQIAO
- Format (cm): 67.7 x 68.6 cm.
- Format (in): 26 3/4 x 27 in.
- Last Sale price: 37 500,00
- Last Sale date:
LIU HAISU (1896-1994), XIA YIQIAO (BORN 1918) RED PLUM BLOSSOMS, ORCHID AND ROCK XIA YIQIAO (BORN 1918) ORCHID AND ROCK Scroll, framed, ink on paper Inscribed and signed, with four seals of the artist Dated autumn, yichou year (1985) Dedicated to Yan Yuntai 27 x 27 in. (68.4 x 68.4 cm.) LIU HAISU (1896-1994) RED PLUM BLOSSOMS Scroll, framed, ink and color on paper Entitled, inscribed with a poem and signed, with four seals of the artist Dated autumn, yichou year (1985) Dedicated to Yan Yuntai 26 3/4 x 27 in. (67.7 x 68.6 cm.)
The correct measurements (in inches) of Red Plum Blossoms by Liu Haisu is 26 3/4″ x 27″. The measurements in centimeters as shown in the catalogue are correct and remain unchanged.
THE PRIVATE COLLECTION OF YAN YUNTAI
This lot consists of two paintings. A native of Yinxian, Zhejiang province, Xia Yiqiao (1918-2012) was skilled in depicting exquisite landscapes, birds, and flowers. In 1940, she travelled to Indonesia to study painting and calligraphy, and in 1944, she became the wife and disciple of Liu Haisu. Her works were exhibited both in China and abroad, as well as published in a number of publications. She was a member of the Shanghai Artists’ Association, and the Chinese Calligraphers’ Association.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Mrs. Alice MacMonnies
- Barges moored on a Dutch waterway
- A peasant woman
- Three beetles and three butterfies: a ground beetle, a Calosoma sycophantis, and a cottonwood stag beetle; a peacock (Inachus io), and a Purple Emperor (Apatura iris, upper and under sides)
- Breaking waves on the shore; and Fishing boats moored near the Capri shore