- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: RED PEONIES AND BIRDS, PEONIES AND BUTTERFLIES
- Artist: LOU SHIBAI (1918-2010), PAN RAN
- Format (cm): 73.8 x 40.2 cm.
- Format (in): 29 x 15 3/4 in.
- Last Sale price: 13 750,00
- Last Sale date:
LOU SHIBAI (1918-2010), PAN RAN (1907-1981) RED PEONIES AND BIRDS, PEONIES AND BUTTERFLIES PAN RAN (1907-1981) PEONIES AND BUTTERFLIES Scroll, mounted and framed, ink and color on paper Inscribed and signed, with three seals of the artist Dedicated to Yan Qingxiang Two collectors’ seals: one each of Yan Qingxiang and Yan Yuntai 29 x 15 ¾ in. (73.6 x 40 cm.) LOU SHIBAI (1918-2010) RED PEONIES AND BIRDS Scroll, mounted and framed, ink and color on paper Inscribed and signed, with one seal of the artist Dedicated to Yan Qingxiang and Li Huijun Two collectors’ seals: one each of Yan Qingxiang and Yan Yuntai 29 x 15 3/4 in. (73.8 x 40.2 cm.)
THE PRIVATE COLLECTION OF YAN YUNTAI
This lot consists of two paintings. A native of Dantu, Jiangsu province, Pan Ran (1907-1981) specialized in flower paintings. He attended the Shanghai Fine Arts School, where he studied under Zheng Wucheng and focused on both Chinese and Western paintings. Born in Beijing, Lou Shibai (1918-2010) was a guohua painter known for his bird and flower depictions, and studied under Qi Baishi.. He attended Furen University between 1936 and 1942, joined the staff of the Central Academy of Fine Arts (CAFA) in 1949, and finally became a member of the Beijing Painting Academy in 1958.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- View of the countryside around the village of Pratieghi, with an artist sketching in the foreground
- A flower market on the Seine, the Louvre beyond
- Portrait of Andries Rijckaert (1636-1716), half-length, in a brown coat, a lace collar and purple ribbons; and Portrait of Susanna Rijckaert (born 1635), half-length, in a black dress and lace collar and pearl jewelery, her left hand resting on a draped balustrade
- A ship being guided into Antwerp harbour
- Portrait of a Venetian senator, traditionally identified as Luigi Cornaro