- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of Mrs. Thomas Bradshaw, née Elizabeth Wilson, half-length
- Artist: Sir Joshua Reynolds, P.R.A.
- Origins: Plympton
- Format (cm): 76.2 x 63.5 cm.
- Format (in): 30 x 25 in.
- Last Sale price: 50 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Sir Joshua Reynolds, P.R.A. (Plympton, Devon 1723-1792 London) Portrait of Mrs. Thomas Bradshaw, née Elizabeth Wilson, half-length oil on canvas 30 x 25 in. (76.2 x 63.5 cm.)
T.B. Bradshaw, Lifton Park, Devon; Christie’s, London, 18 July 1930, lot 81 (756 gns. to Wells). with Agnew’s, London [stockbook no. 12393], from whom acquired by the following on 4 July 1947. with Newhouse Galleries, New York [stockbook no. 16618].
ESTATE OF BETTY BARTON EVANS
A. Graves and W.V. Cronin, A History of the Works of Sir Joshua Reyolds , London, 1899, I, no. 112. E.K. Waterhouse, Reynolds , London, 1941, no. 45. D. Mannings, Sir Joshua Reynolds: A Complete Catalogue of his Paintings , New Haven and London, 2000, I, p. 104, no. 241, II, p. 246, fig. 413.
London, J. Leger & Son, 13 Old Bond Street, English Painters: Hogarth to Turner , 1943, no. 5.
For the present portrait, Mrs. Bradshaw (d. 1802) sat for Reynolds on at least six occasions in 1759 (D. Mannings, loc. cit. ).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Portrait de femme
- Eucharistic Teachers and Saints: Gregory, Ambrose, Augustine, Clara, Thomas Aquinas, Norbert and Jerome, with the dove of the Holy Spirit
- The interior of a palace
- Reaching for the ballet shoe
- La Seine à Paris