- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of Dame Ann Dashwood, bust-length, in a feigned wreath
- Artist: Sir Peter Lely
- Origins: Soest
- Format (cm): 76.5 x 63.5 cm.
- Format (in): 30 1/8 x 25 in.
- Last Sale price: 27 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Sir Peter Lely (Soest, Westphalia 1618-1680 London) Portrait of Dame Ann Dashwood, bust-length, in a feigned wreath with signature ‘P. Lely’ (lower right) oil on canvas 30 1/8 x 25 in. (76.5 x 63.5 cm.)
with Agnew’s, London, by 1948. Anonymous sale; Sotheby Parke Bernet, New York, 16 November 1979, lot 145, as Circle of Sir Peter Lely. Dr. Robert P. Coggins, Marietta, Georgia, from whom acquired circa 1970 by the father of the present owner.
PROPERTY OF A LADY
R.B. Becket, Lely , London, 1951, p. 42, no. 149.
Kennesaw College, 1980s.
The sitter may be the Anne Dashwood who was the wife of Sir Samuel Dashwood, brother of Francis Dashwood (1st Bt.).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- L’Avenue de l’Impératrice, allée des cavaliers; A study of two ladies; La Carosse; and A gathering of riders in the woods
- Approaching the port
- The Muses: Clio; Euterpe; Thalia; Melpomene; Terpsichore; Erato; Urania; Calliope; Polyhymnia
- Autumn Among the Willows