- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of Bishop Antonius Triest (1576-1657), three-quarter length, seated
- Artist: Circle of Sir Anthony van Dyck
- Format (cm): 130.8 x 107.9 cm.
- Format (in): 51½ x 42½ in.
- Last Sale price: 30 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Circle of Sir Anthony van Dyck (Antwerp 1599-1641 London) Portrait of Bishop Antonius Triest (1576-1657), three-quarter length, seated oil on canvas 51½ x 42½ in. (130.8 x 107.9 cm.)
Friedrich van Amerling (1803-1887), and by inheritance to his wife, Countess Maria Hoyos-Amerling, Vienna, 1916. John and Johanna Bass; Parke-Bernet Galleries, New York, 24 October 1962, lot 50, as ‘Sir Anthony van Dyck’ ($11,000). Mr. and Mrs. Lester Francis Avnet, New York; Sotheby’s, New York, 19 January 1984, lot 124A, as ‘Studio of Sir Anthony van Dyck’ ($9,900), where acquired by the present owner.
PROPERTY FROM A DISTINGUISHED PRIVATE COLLECTION
E. Larsen, The Paintings of Anthony van Dyck , Freren, 1988, II, p. 453, no. A 134/7. S. Barnes et al., Van Dyck: A Complete Catalogue of the Paintings , New Haven and London, 2004, p. 413, under III.A26, as ‘another repetition’.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A military encampment
- Ten scenes after the Antique with trompe l’oeil bas-relief friezes
- Angels and putti making music in the clouds: design for a vault
- Ruth with Green Headcloth
- An Ottoman smoking a hookah; and A girl and a parrot