- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of an artist wearing a hat
- Artist: Giovanni Battista Tiepolo
- Format (cm): 20.6 x 14.6 cm.
- Format (in): 8 1/8 x 5¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 3 750,00
- Last Sale date:
Giovanni Battista Tiepolo (Venice 1696-1770 Madrid) Portrait of an artist wearing a hat black and white chalk on blue paper, the corners cut 8 1/8 x 5¾ in. (20.6 x 14.6 cm.)
Giovanni Domenico Bossi, with associated price code showing through the verso , and by descent to Maria Theresa Karoline Bossi. Karl Christian Friedrich Beyerlen; H.G. Gutekunst, Stuttgart, 27-8 March 1882. with Charles E. Slatkin Galleries, New York.
G. Knox, Giambattista and Domenico Tiepolo. A Study and Catalogue Raisonné of the Chalk Drawings , Oxford, 1980, I, no. M.659 (as ‘The head of a man wearing a Garibaldi hat’)
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Merry-making on the ice
- A promenade in the gardens
- St. Mark’s Square, Venice; and Constantinople
- Elegant figures at a reception in a ballroom ( recto ); Preparatory study for the left-hand side of the composition ( verso )
- The look-outs