- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of a young lady in a blue dress, half-length
- Artist: Jacob van Loo
- Format (cm): 76.2 x 63.1 cm.
- Format (in): 30 x 24 7/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 20 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Jacob van Loo (Sluis 1614-1670 Paris) Portrait of a young lady in a blue dress, half-length signed and dated ‘J. van Loo./An: 1657′ (lower left) oil on canvas 30 x 24 7/8 in. (76.2 x 63.1 cm.)
E.P. Cremer, Middelburg; (+), J.C. Gaal, Middelburg, 17 May 1847, lot 55 (10 guilders, to Smart). Edward Smart, London; (+), Foster and Son, London, 17 April 1850, lot 434. William Henry Grenfell, first Baron of Desborough, London. J.W. Benson, Keverstone Court, Bournemouth; (+), Christie’s, London, 5 July 1937, lot 91 (54 gns. to Frost & Reed). with Frost & Reed, London, 1937. Madame Cornelis J. Sullivan, New York; (+), Parke-Bernet, New York, 6-7 December 1939, lot 193.
PROPERTY OF A PRIVATE COLLECTOR
W.L. van de Watering, ‘On Jacob van Loo’s Portrait of a Young Woman,’ The Minneapolis Institute of Arts Bulletin , LXIII, p. 41. D. Mandrella, Jacob van Loo, 1614-1670 , Paris, 2011, pp. 178-179, no. P102.
In his catalogue raisonné of paintings by Van Loo, David Mandrella notes that this painting demonstrates the high level of quality that Van Loo achieved in his portraits in the second half of the 1650s (D. Mandrella, op. cit. , p. 178).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Portrait de femme
- The Assumption of the Virgin, after Luca Giordano, and two figures, after Antonio Vassilacchi, l’Aliense
- Bijou gets undressed 6
- Portrait of Andries Rijckaert (1636-1716), half-length, in a brown coat, a lace collar and purple ribbons; and Portrait of Susanna Rijckaert (born 1635), half-length, in a black dress and lace collar and pearl jewelery, her left hand resting on a draped balustrade