- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of a young girl, half-length, in a feigned wreath
- Artist: Attributed to Sebastián de Herrera Barnuevo
- Format (cm): 80.3 x 61.3 cm.
- Format (in): 31 5/8 x 24 1/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 25 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Attributed to Sebastián de Herrera Barnuevo (Madrid 1619-1671) Portrait of a young girl, half-length, in a feigned wreath oil on canvas 31 5/8 x 24 1/8 in. (80.3 x 61.3 cm.)
Please note that a party with a financial interest will be bidding on this lot.
Property from the collection of Charles and Nonie de Limur, San Francisco
Sebastián de Herrera Barnuevo succeeded Juan Bautista Martínez del Mazo as Pintor de Cámara in 1667 and painted a number of portraits of the kings and members of the court that are stylistically related to the present work. The rather smooth, polished execution of the present painting, as well as the exuberance of the costume and hairstyle all suggest a date of around 1670. We are grateful to Professor William Jordan for suggesting this attribution on the basis of photographs (private communication, 8 October 2012).