- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of a Lady of the Townshend Family, half-length
- Artist: John Hoppner R.A.
- Format (cm): 78.1 x 64.8 cm.
- Format (in): 31¾ x 25½ in.
- Last Sale price: 6 250,00
- Last Sale date:
John Hoppner R.A. (London 1758-1810) Portrait of a Lady of the Townshend Family, half-length oil on canvas 31¾ x 25½ in. (78.1 x 64.8 cm.)
2nd Marquess Townshend, Raynham, Norfolk, 1795-1811 and by descent to John James Dudley Stuart, 6th Marquess Townshend, Raynham, Norfolk; Townshend Heirlooms sale; Christie’s, London, 5 March 1904, lot 62 (1,400 gns. to the Following). with Agnew’s, London. Major-General Sir Charles V.E. Townshend, Vere Lodge, Raynham, Norfolk, by 1904; Christie’s, London, 13 July, 1923, lot 131. with Knoedler, London, 1923. Arthur J. Secor, by whom gifted to the Toledo Museum of Art.
PROPERTY OF THE TOLEDO MUSEUM OF ART, SOLD TO BENEFIT THE ACQUISITIONS FUND
W. McKay and W. Roberts, John Hoppner , London, 1909, p. 292. B.M. Godwin, Catalogue of European Paintings , Toledo, 1939, pp. 302, repr. p 303. R. Schoolman and C. E. Slatkin, The Enjoyment of Art in America , Philadelphia, 1942, p. 647, pl. 601. The Toledo Museum of Art, European Paintings , Toledo, 1976, p. 81, pl. 320.
Toledo Museum of Art, Portraits and Portraiture throughout the Ages , 3-31 October 1937, no. 30. Fort Wayne, Indiana, Fort Wayne Art Museum, 1965.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Susanna and the Elders; and Lot and his Daughters
- A society beauty in a hat
- Sunset or sunrise over the south coast of England
- Moses and the Brazen Serpent
- The court musicians