- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Portrait of a boy in a painted oval
- Artist: Attributed to Nathaniel Hone
- Format (cm): 61 x 50.8 cm.
- Format (in): 24 x 20 in.
- Last Sale price: 11 250,00
- Last Sale date:
Attributed to Nathaniel Hone (Dublin 1718-1784 London) Portrait of a boy in a painted oval oil on canvas 24 x 20 in. (61 x 50.8 cm.)
with Agnew’s, London. with Seth M. Vose, Providence, Rhode Island, 1909, from whom acquired by the following. Walter S. Ballou, Providence, Rhode Island, until 1922. Arthur J. Secor, Providence, Rhode Island, by 1922. with Robert C. Vose, Boston, 1933, from whom acquired by the Toledo Museum of Art, 1933.
PROPERTY OF THE TOLEDO MUSEUM OF ART, SOLD TO BENEFIT THE ACQUISITIONS FUND
Toledo Museum of Art, Children in Art , Toledo, 1948, repr. The Toledo Museum of Art: European Paintings , Toledo, 1976, p. 388, as ‘British, Anonymous’.
Boston, Vose Gallery, Selected Portraits and Ideal Figure Pictures , 2-14 January 1922, no. 1, repr. on cover, as ‘The Hon. Campbell Skinner, by Thomas Gainsborough R.A.’.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Fishing vessels off the Bay of Naples
- Susanna and the Elders; and Lot and his Daughters
- The Sacrifice of Isaac
- The antique dealer
- The Colosseum seen from the Farnese Garden