- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Penny Passengers, Limehouse
- Artist: James Abbott McNeill Whistler
- Format (cm):
- Format (in):
- Last Sale price: 12 456,00
- Last Sale date:
James Abbott McNeill Whistler (1834-1903) Penny Passengers, Limehouse etching and drypoint, 1860, on laid paper, without watermark, signed on the tab with the butterfly and inscribed ‘imp’ on the tab, a good impression of Glasgow’s second, final state, printing with a light plate tone, trimmed on the platemark (as issued), in very good condition P., S. 82 x 207 mm.
Otto Gerstenberg (1848-1935), Berlin, his collector’s mark verso (L.2785); Margerethe Scharf, Berlin and Oberstorf, by descent, until at least 1945.
Please refer to Christies.com for an elaborated provenance for this print. Please note the images in the printed catalogue for lots 3 and 4 have been swapped.
Kennedy 67; Glasgow 71
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- An angel, arms upraised, with another figure
- A gondola on a Venetian backwater
- A gentleman and a maidservant in an interior of a library, possibly Austrian
- An Arcadian landscape with ruins, an artist drawing in the foreground