- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: MOUNTAIN LANDSCAPE
- Artist: ZHANG DAQIAN
- Format (cm): 94.7 x 48.2 cm.
- Format (in): 37 x 19 in.
- Last Sale price: 93 750,00
- Last Sale date:
ZHANG DAQIAN (1899-1983) MOUNTAIN LANDSCAPE Scroll, mounted and framed, ink on paper Inscribed and signed, with two seals of the artist Dated sixth month, renchen year (1952) Dedicated to Xilin (Qiu Xilin) 37 x 19 in. (94.7 x 48.2 cm.)
Acquired directly from the artist by Qiu Xilin and thence passed on by descent.
PROPERTY OF A CHINESE-AMERICAN COLLECTOR
Qiu Xilin (1916-1964) was born in Shanghai and moved with his family to Taiwan in 1947. He worked in the fabrics industry, which Zhang Daqian studied in his youth. Beginning in 1951, as part of a very active international travel schedule, Zhang Daqian visited Taiwan regularly in order to see friends and exhibit his paintings.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Vessels on the Grand Canal with St. Mark’s Campanile beyond, Venice
- Morning dreams
- A fox stalking a brace of partridges; and A dog pointing a partridge
- Studies of male and female nudes, a satyr, a camel and other beasts ( recto ), The Marcus Aurelius equestrian statue ( verso )
- Portrait of a young girl, half-length, in a feigned wreath