- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Madonna and Child with angels
- Artist: Circle of Lubin Baugin
- Format (cm): 18.4 x 13.9 cm.
- Format (in): 7¼ x 5½ in.
- Last Sale price: 5 250,00
- Last Sale date:
Circle of Lubin Baugin (Pithiviers circa 1612-1663 Paris) Madonna and Child with angels oil on copper 7¼ x 5½ in. (18.4 x 13.9 cm.)
Anonymous sale; Parke-Bernet Galleries, New York, 15 April 1961, lot 241, as ‘Giuseppe-Maria Crespi’. Michael de Lisio, New York, by whom gifted to the present owner.
PROPERTY OF A NEW ENGLAND COLLECTOR
The present painting is based on an engraving by Ludovico Carracci, dated by Bohn to circa 1608 (B. Bohn, Ludovico Carracci and the Art of Drawing , Oostkamp, 2004, p.381, no. 232). The engraving was the most popular of Ludovico’s prints, and is known in four states and nine printed copies, of which some are in reverse.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The day’s bag
- A winter landscape with figures skating and a man falling on a frozen waterway
- Corner in Carolina
- The Packet Ship Dreadnought of New York
- Gondolas at the Dogana, Venice