- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Hortensias dans mon jardin
- Artist: William Didier-Pouget
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 46 x 38.5 cm.
- Format (in): 18 x 15 1/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 7 296,00
- Last Sale date:
William Didier-Pouget (French, 1864-1959) Hortensias dans mon jardin signed and dated ‘Didier-Pouget/ 1944′ (lower left); and inscribed ‘Hortensias dans mon jardin/ à Digul’l’eville (Manche)/ AP -1925-‘ (on the reverse) oil on canvas 18 x 15 1/8 in. (46 x 38.5 cm.)
Artist’s Resale Right (“Droit de Suite”). Artist’s Resale Right Regulations 2006 apply to this lot, the buyer agrees to pay us an amount equal to the resale royalty provided for in those Regulations, and we undertake to the buyer to pay such amount to the artist’s collection agent.
In 1886 William Didier-Pouget moved from his home in Toulouse to Paris, seeking a wider reception for his en plein air landscape paintings. Successful in his venture, he was not only awarded the Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur in 1901, but his landscapes caught international attention. He exhibited in New York in 1903 and he won the gold medal at the Exposition Universelle et Internationale, Paris, in 1913. The present lot, painted in 1944, is a departure from his grand encompassing landscapes; here he presents is a more intimate view from his private garden in Digulleville.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Afternoon relaxation
- Self-portrait with Pierre de la Roche
- L’amazone, from: Cirque
- An Allegory of the months of July and August
- Arabic warriors on the charge; and another similar