- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Head of an African boy
- Artist: Giovanni Domenico Tiepolo
- Format (cm): 21.1 x 33.8 cm.
- Format (in): 8¼ x 13 1/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 21 250,00
- Last Sale date:
Giovanni Domenico Tiepolo (Venice 1727-1804) Head of an African boy black and white chalk on faded blue paper, watermark bird (?) 8¼ x 13 1/8 in. (21.1 x 33.8 cm.)
Giovanni Domenico Bossi, with associated price code ‘No. 3132. X. r s 48.’ ( verso ), and by descent to Maria Theresa Karoline Bossi. Karl Christian Friedrich Beyerlen; H.G. Gutekunst, Stuttgart, 27-8 March 1882. Possibly anonymous sale; Sotheby’s, London, 13 July 1937, lot 34 (‘A study of a Morrish page. Black and white chalk: 8¼ x 13¼ in.’).
G. Knox, Giambattista and Domenico Tiepolo. A study and catalogue raisonné of the chalk drawings , Oxford, 1980, I, p. 247, no. M300.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A low sun over Nice
- An Allegory of the months of July and August
- Untitled (Woman), circa 1970
- Two plum tree leaves, four different types of plums, two beetles, with a subsidiary study of a third one
- Roman Aqueducts, St. Peter’s Basilica beyond