- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Dressed for the evening
- Artist: Jules Cayron
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 65.5 x 35.5 cm.
- Format (in): 25 ¾ x 14 in.
- Last Sale price: 4 800,00
- Last Sale date:
Jules Cayron (FRENCH, 1868-1940) Dressed for the evening signed and dated ‘Jules Cayron/mai 93′ (upper left) oil on canvas 25 ¾ x 14 in. (65.5 x 35.5 cm.)
Jules Cayron studied art at the École nationale supérieure des Beaux-Arts and the Julian Academy, where he studied under Jules Lefevre and Alfred Stevens. Jules Cayron exhibited regularly at the Salon of French artists from 1888. Cayron excelled in his depiction of elegant ladies from Parisian high society in their fine dresses. His renowned sitters included the Princess of Arenberg and Princess Sixte of Bourbon. He would contribute regularly to the Paris magazine, Le Mode. Not only would he depict their ouftits, he would also design costumes for theatrical productions. He was awarded the Legion of Honour in 1907, an officer of honour in 1927 and a gold medal at the 1937 Exposition in Paris.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Three Miniature Profile Portraits of a Mother, Daughter and Father
- View of Lake Geneva with the glaciers of Mont Blanc beyond
- The water carriers
- Skaters on a frozen waterway; and Boats on a waterway in a Northern European Town
- A gondolier before Santa Maria della Salute