- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: DAOIST LADIES
- Artist: JIANG PU
- Format (cm): 109 x 58 cm.
- Format (in): 43 x 23 in.
- Last Sale price: 4 000,00
- Last Sale date:
JIANG PU (ATTRIBUTED TO, 1708-1761) DAOIST LADIES Scroll, mounted and framed, ink and color on silk Inscribed and signed, with three seals of the artist 43 x 23 in. (109 x 58 cm.)
FROM THE COLLECTION OF THE HON. JIM LEACH AND ELISABETH FOXLEY LEACH
A native of Changshu in Jiangsu province, Jiang Pu (1708-1761), the son of the famous court painter Jiang Tingxi (1669-1732), was an official and artist at the court of Emperor Qianlong. He specialized in flower and bird paintings, and passed the jinshi in 1736. He is often remembered for his significant contribution to the Chinese silk industry.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The Packet Ship Dreadnought of New York
- The Schooner Charles Carroll On the Piscataqua from the North End of Noble’s Bridge, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 1875
- Seated Woman
- A fountain in a bustling street
- A silver jug with oranges and flowers