- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Cupid with his bow and arrows
- Artist: AtAttributed to Cristoforo Roncalli, il Pomarancio
- Format (cm): 27.5 x 19.2 cm.
- Format (in): 10¾ x 7 5/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 31 250,00
- Last Sale date:
AtAttributed to Cristoforo Roncalli, il Pomarancio (Pomarance circa 1553-1626 Rome) Cupid with his bow and arrows red and black chalk 10¾ x 7 5/8 in. (27.5 x 19.2 cm.)
J. Richardson Sr. (L.2183). Benjamin West (according to a label on the back of the frame). E. Granger. with Colnaghi, London, ca. 1957, no. 9 (as Bronzino).
Can be compared in style and technique to a study for a Flagellation (Florence, Uffizi, inv. 10149F, I. Chiappini di Sorio, Cristoforo Roncalli detto il Pomarancio , Bergamo, 1983, illus. p. 91) connected with a cycle of frescoes, circa 1585, in the Cappella Mattei in the Church of S. Maria in Aracoeli, Rome.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Riva degli Schiavoni with Santa Maria Maggiore beyond, Venice
- A steam launch on the river at dusk
- The Colosseum seen from the Farnese Garden
- PLUM BLOSSOMS
- Elegant figures at a reception in a ballroom ( recto ); Preparatory study for the left-hand side of the composition ( verso )