- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Bords de l'Allier
- Artist: Henri Joseph Harpignies
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 49.5 x 61.2 cm.
- Format (in): 19½ x 24 in.
- Last Sale price: 11 865,00
- Last Sale date:
Henri Joseph Harpignies (French, 1819-1916) Bords de l’Allier signed ‘H J Harpignes’ (lower left) oil on canvas 19½ x 24 in. (49.5 x 61.2 cm.)
With Arthur Tooth & Sons Ltd., London
Harpignies became a student of Achard in Paris in 1846. Until 1852 they travelled around Belgium, Germany and Italy. He was a close friend of Corot and familiar with followers of the Barbizon school, whose methods and principles influenced him greatly. His first great success came at the Salon in 1861, after which he exhibited there regularly. He then spent much of his time painting in Italy. In 1886 he received an award for ” Le Soir dans la campagne de Rome “, which was acquired for the Luxembourg Gallery.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Fisherfolk on the shore, Villefranche-sur-mer
- Riva degli Schiavoni with Santa Maria Maggiore beyond, Venice
- A street urchin selling fish on a Venetian canal
- Portrait of a Young Lady In a White and Green Dress
- Funeral, circa 1963