- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Angels making music, after Francesco Solimena
- Artist: Jean-Honoré Fragonard
- Format (cm): 27.3 x 16.9 cm.
- Format (in): 10¾ x 6 5/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 7 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Jean-Honoré Fragonard (Grasse 1732-1806 Paris) Angels making music, after Francesco Solimena inscribed ‘Du Solimena Eglise de S t Paul a Naples’ black chalk, a reworked counterproof 10¾ x 6 5/8 in. (27.3 x 16.9 cm.)
Anonymous sale; Sotheby’s Parke Bernet, New York, 5-7 December 1974, lot 549.
P. Rosenberg and B. Brejon de Lavergnée, Panopticon italiano: un diario di viaggio ritrovato, 1759-1761 , Rome, 1986, p. 340, under no. 21.
Solimena’s fresco is in the church of S. Paolo Maggiore, Naples. Fragonard’s drawing from which this counterproof was taken is in the Norton Simon Museum, Pasadena (Inv. A. 2628; Rosenberg and Brejon de Lavergnée , op. cit. , p. 340, no. 21, illus.).
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Shirt-Sleeve Court
- A dance on the shore
- Delaware River (Raritan Canal)
- Portrait of a girl, bust-length, in a black dress and pearl necklace
- An Arab on a camel traversing the desert