- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: Angels and putti making music in the clouds: design for a vault
- Artist: Lucio Massari
- Format (cm): 51 x 40.3 cm.
- Format (in): 20 1/8 x 15¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 6 250,00
- Last Sale date:
Lucio Massari (Bologna 1569-1633) Angels and putti making music in the clouds: design for a vault with inscription ‘Lodovico Carracci del/d’après la couppole/Peinte/d’Antonio da Coreggio f.’ black chalk, pen and brown ink, brown wash heightened with white (partly oxidized) on brown prepared paper in an inscribed lunette, watermark kneeling angel in a cartouche 20 1/8 x 15¾ in. (51 x 40.3 cm.)
An unidentified collector’s mark (L.2501c). Anonymous sale; Christie’s, New York, 10 January 1990, lot 43.
Comparable to a drawing formerly with Kate Ganz (see Master Drawings 1500-1900 , 7, 1989, no. 7). The attribution of the Ganz drawing was proposed by Aidan Weston-Lewis and confirmed by Dr. Catherine Johnston. Dr. Babette Bohn confirmed the attribution of the present drawing to Massari when it appeared at auction in 1990.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- SCHOLARS STROLLING IN AN AUTUMN LANDSCAPE
- Portrait of the twin brothers César and Constantin Faucher (1760-1815)
- Eucharistic Teachers and Saints: Gregory, Ambrose, Augustine, Clara, Thomas Aquinas, Norbert and Jerome, with the dove of the Holy Spirit
- L’Avenue de l’Impératrice, allée des cavaliers; A study of two ladies; La Carosse; and A gathering of riders in the woods