- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: An extensive mountainous landscape with figures on a path, a river valley beyond
- Artist: Joos de Momper II (Antwerp 1564-1635) and Jan Breughel II
- Format (cm): 45.5 x 75.5 cm.
- Format (in): 18 x 29¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 37 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Joos de Momper II (Antwerp 1564-1635) and Jan Breughel II (Antwerp 1601-1678) An extensive mountainous landscape with figures on a path, a river valley beyond oil on panel 18 x 29¾ in. (45.5 x 75.5 cm.)
Private collection, Genoa, Italy. with Galleria Caretto, Turin, by 1986.
PROPERTY FROM A PRIVATE COLLECTION
K. Ertz, Josse de Momper der Jüngerer , Freren, 1986, pp. 160 and 540, no. 256, fig. 152, as ‘Josse de Momper II and Jan Breughel I’.
Genoa, 1947, no. 31, as ‘Frans de Momper’.
This lot is accompanied by a copy of a certificate from Dr. Klaus Ertz (dated 10 March 2000) confirming the attribution to Joos de Momper II and stating that the figures are painted by Jan Breughel I.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Chrysanthemums and lilacs in a vase on a marble topped table
- Soldiers playing cards at an encampment
- The Penitent Magdalene
- A capriccio with Roman ruins and Christ with the Woman Taken in Adultery
- Dressed for the evening