- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: An architectural capriccio with figures among classical ruins, broken columns and pediments
- Artist: Giovanni Paolo Panini
- Format (cm): 33.6 x 23.7 cm.
- Format (in): 13¼ x 9¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 11 875,00
- Last Sale date:
Giovanni Paolo Panini (Piacenza 1691-1765 Rome) An architectural capriccio with figures among classical ruins, broken columns and pediments signed with initials ‘G.P.P.’ traces of black chalk, pen and black ink, watercolor 13¼ x 9¾ in. (33.6 x 23.7 cm.)
Hon. Irwin Laughlin. Anonymous sale; Christie’s, London, 1 December 1970, lot 144 (£1,300 to Slatkin). with Charles E. Slatkin Galleries, New York.
J.S. Herbert, ed., Christie’s Reviews of the Year, 1970/1971 , illus., p. 91.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Marguerite Degas, the Artist’s Sister (Reed & Shapiro 14 IIa)
- Les baigneuses
- Saint-Tropez II, from: L’Estampe originale (Seventh Issue)
- The resting woodcutter
- Punting on the river