- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A trompe l'oeil of a hanging pheasant; and A trompe l'oeil of a hanging black grouse
- Artist: Cornelis Biltius
- Format (cm): 62.8 x 45 cm.
- Format (in): the first 24 5/8 x 17 5/8 in. (62.5 x 44.7 cm.); the second 24¾ x 17¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 8 750,00
- Last Sale date:
Cornelis Biltius (The Hague? 1653-after 1686) A trompe l’oeil of a hanging pheasant; and A trompe l’oeil of a hanging black grouse the first signed ‘Cornelius, bilaus, f.’ (lower left); the second signed ‘C. bilaus:’ (lower right) oil on canvas the first 24 5/8 x 17 5/8 in. (62.5 x 44.7 cm.); the second 24¾ x 17¾ in. (62.8 x 45 cm.) a pair (2)
Anoymous sale; Sotheby’s, New York, 22 May 1997, lot 176A ($16,000).
Property of Mrs. Wendell Cherry
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The family at rest
- Fisherfolk on the shore, Villefranche-sur-mer
- Portrait of a Venetian senator, traditionally identified as Luigi Cornaro
- Portrait of a girl, bust-length, in a black dress and pearl necklace
- Portrait of Andries Rijckaert (1636-1716), half-length, in a brown coat, a lace collar and purple ribbons; and Portrait of Susanna Rijckaert (born 1635), half-length, in a black dress and lace collar and pearl jewelery, her left hand resting on a draped balustrade