- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A river landscape
- Artist: Jan van Goyen
- Format (cm): 41.2 x 50.8 cm.
- Format (in): 16¼ x 20 in.
- Last Sale price: 35 000,00
- Last Sale date:
Jan van Goyen (Leiden 1596-1656 The Hague) A river landscape signed in monogram and dated ‘VG 1651′ (lower center, on the boat) oil on panel 16¼ x 20 in. (41.2 x 50.8 cm.)
with Galerie Pro Arte, Basel, 1920. Dr. Nicolaas Beets, Amsterdam, 1921. Edward Drummond Libbey, by whom gifted to the Toledo Museum of Art.
PROPERTY OF THE TOLEDO MUSEUM OF ART, SOLD TO BENEFIT THE ACQUISITIONS FUND
C. Hofstede de Groot, A catalogue raisonné of the works of the most eminent Dutch painters of the seventeenth century based on the work of John Smith , London, 1907-1928, VIII, no. 498a. H.U. Beck, Jan van Goyen, 1596-1656 , Amsterdam, 1973, II, no. 553, p. 255. The Toledo Museum of Art, European Paintings , Toledo, 1976, p. 70, pl. 114. J.D. Morse, Old Master Paintings in North America , New York, 1979, p. 150. B. Broos, Great Dutch Paintings from America , exhibition catalogue, The Hague, 1990, p. 106.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The Mirror of Time
- CAMELLIA AND NARCISSUS, PEONIES AND BUTTERFLIES
- The Schooner Charles Carroll On the Piscataqua from the North End of Noble’s Bridge, Portsmouth, New Hampshire, 1875
- At the milliner’s
- A stroll on the Côte d’Azur