- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A male nude ( recto ), A seated female nude ( verso )
- Artist: Circle of Pompeo Batoni
- Format (cm): 42.4 x 28.5 cm.
- Format (in): 16 5/8 x 11¼ in.
- Last Sale price: 4 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Circle of Pompeo Batoni (Lucca 1708-1787 Rome) A male nude ( recto ), A seated female nude ( verso ) red and white chalk ( recto ), black chalk ( verso ), watermark encircled fleur-de-lys 16 5/8 x 11¼ in. (42.4 x 28.5 cm.)
Eric Lande, Montreal. Christian Humann; Sotheby’s, New York, 21 January 1983, lot 105 (as Pompeo Batoni). with Charles E. Slatkin Galleries, New York.
Montreal, Museum of Fine Arts, Five centuries of drawings , 1953, no. 177 (as Charles-Joseph Natoire). New York, American Federation of Arts, Four centuries of European drawings , 1955-56, no. 46 (lent by Slatkin, as Natoire). Montreal, Museum of Fine Arts, Canada collects: European paintings, 1860-1960 , no. 206 (as Natoire).