- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A leaping hound
- Artist: Giulio Pippi, called Giulio Romano
- Format (cm): 6.7 x 14.5 cm.
- Format (in): 2 5/8 x 5¾ in.
- Last Sale price: 22 500,00
- Last Sale date:
Giulio Pippi, called Giulio Romano (Rome 1499-1546) A leaping hound pen and brownk ink 2 5/8 x 5¾ in. (6.7 x 14.5 cm.)
J. Richardson Sr. (L.2184), his mount and inscription ‘Giulio Romano.’ Dr. R. Mead (L.1805). Anonymous sale; Sotheby’s, London, 23 March 1972, lot 108. with Paul Drey Gallery, New York.
Related to the artist’s compositional sketch Caledonian boar hunt in the British Museum (Inv. 1939. 0714.140; see F. Hartt, Giulio Romano , New Haven, 1958, II, no. 472). Hartt dates the British Museum drawing and two other similar compositional drawings by Giulio to circa 1530 and suggests that they may be related to the decoration of the Gonzaga hunting lodge at Marmirolo.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- An architectural capriccio with figures among classical ruins, broken columns and pediments
- Portrait of an artist wearing a hat
- A barge on the Seine, Paris
- Homage to Cupid