- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A day at the beach
- Artist: Silas Broux
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 23 x 38 cm.
- Format (in): 9 x 15 in.
- Last Sale price: 2 304,00
- Last Sale date:
Silas Broux (French, 1867-1957) A day at the beach oil on canvas 9 x 15 in. (23 x 38 cm.)
Artist’s Resale Right (“Droit de Suite”). Artist’s Resale Right Regulations 2006 apply to this lot, the buyer agrees to pay us an amount equal to the resale royalty provided for in those Regulations, and we undertake to the buyer to pay such amount to the artist’s collection agent.
The artist’s studio sale; Honfleur, Hotel des Ventes, 9 November 1980, lot 127.
Silas Broux was a student at the National School of Decorative Arts in Paris from 1886 and the pupil of Gustave Moreau and Jules-Élie Delaunay. He exhibited scenes varying from topographic landscapes to portraits of family members at the Paris Salon from 1891 to 1956. Broux took up the role of a teacher in Alençon, not only in the school but also as the curator of Alençon museum.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- Two designs for a book cover: A floral design representing the Passion of Christ; and The Madonna and Child
- PLUM BLOSSOMS, ORCHIDS, AND BAMBOO
- Five scenes of Naples
- Head of a bearded man in profile facing left, possibly a self-portrait
- Angels making music, after Francesco Solimena