- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A cavalier
- Artist: Ferdinand Victor Leon Roybet
- Origins: French
- Format (cm): 81 x 64 cm.
- Format (in): 32 x 25 ¼ in.
- Last Sale price: 3 840,00
- Last Sale date:
Ferdinand Victor Leon Roybet (French, 1840-1920) A cavalier signed ‘F. Roybet.’ (lower right) oil on panel 32 x 25 ¼ in. (81 x 64 cm.)
All sold and unsold lots marked with a filled square in the catalogue that are not cleared from Christie’s by 5:00 pm on the day of the sale, and all sold and unsold lots not cleared from Christie’s by 5:00 pm on the fifth Friday following the sale, will be removed to the warehouse of ‘Cadogan Tate’. Please note that there will be no charge to purchasers who collect their lots within two weeks of this sale.
Ferdinand Roybet drew his inspiration from the Flemish and Italian masters, as can be seen in the composition of the current lot. He exhibited regularly in the Salon de Paris from 1865, and his work was well received by critics and royalty alike; Princess Mathilde purchased one of his early Salon works.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- A romantic sleigh ride
- Roman Aqueducts, St. Peter’s Basilica beyond
- Chrysanthemums and lilacs in a vase on a marble topped table
- The cosy corner
- GOLDFISH AND LOTUS, GOLDFISH, PANDAS