- Listed: January 1, 1970 12:00 am
- Title: A capriccio view of an Italian piazza with a royal procession
- Artist: François de Nomé, called Monsù Desiderio
- Format (cm): 50.8 x 75.2 cm.
- Format (in): 20 x 29 5/8 in.
- Last Sale price: 52 500,00
- Last Sale date:
François de Nomé, called Monsù Desiderio (Metz c. 1593-after 1644 Naples) A capriccio view of an Italian piazza with a royal procession oil on canvas 20 x 29 5/8 in. (50.8 x 75.2 cm.)
with Knoedler, New York, by 1961.
PROPERTY FROM THE COLLECTION OF THE FAMILY OF HARRY BROOKS
F. Sluys, Didier Barra et François de Nomé dits Monsu Desiderio , Paris, 1961, p. 60, n. 16, listed under works by Didier Barra and his studio, with incorrect dimensions. M.R. Nappi, François de Nomé e Dider Barra: l’enigma Monsù Desiderio , Milan, 1991, no. A112, with incorrect dimensions.
Dallas, The Dallas Museum for Contemporary Arts, The Art that Broke the Looking Glass , 14 November-31 December 1961, no. 46, as ‘Monsù Desiderio’.
Maria Rosari Nappi, in her catalogue raisonné of François de Nomé, describes the present work as an idealized view with buildings from the Piazzetta San Marco and the Piazza of the Palazzo Reale in Naples.
More ads from this poster
Information about the ad poster
- Listed by: admin
- Member Since: June 6, 2015
Other items listed by admin
- The resting woodcutter
- Breaking waves on the shore; and Fishing boats moored near the Capri shore
- Five scenes of Naples
- Algerians below the Constantine Bridge
- St. Mark’s Square, Venice; and Constantinople